Note: If you've never used coconut flour, don't be afraid of the name or taste. It IS made from very finely ground coconut - but when used in recipes like the one I'm about to share with you, you do not taste coconut. I promise. I wouldn't do that to you. Cheesy coconut biscuits would be gross.
COCONUT CHEDDAR DROP BISCUITS
- 1/4 cup butter, melted (or you could use coconut oil)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (granulated garlic)
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2-3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I prefer mine with 3/4 cup)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Melt butter and pour in a medium bowl (or microwave the butter in a microwave-safe bowl!). To the butter, add eggs, butter (or coconut oil), salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and parsley. Mix well. Sift coconut flour and baking soda into your bowl. Whisk well, until completely combined and not lumpy. Stir in shredded cheddar cheese. Drop batter by the spoonful onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet (or greased baking sheet, if you don't have parchment paper). Bake at 400 degrees, or until the tops of the biscuits begin to brown (see photo). Keep an eye on the oven if you choose to make your biscuits bite-sized (smaller) or fairly large, as cooking times will vary with size.